12.18.2004

Tale Of Two Christmases CBS News (12.18.04)

It's a Charles Dickens Christmas — a Tale of Two Economies.

High-end retailers such as Neiman Marcus and Tiffany are thriving, while discount chains such as Wal–Mart are suffering...

Well, we're really torn here: on one hand this clearly isn't good, but we're happy that folks aren't shopping at Wal–mart (SERIOUSLY: FUCKING STOP IT)

Recent sales figures from the nation's largest retailers underscore the growing gap between the haves and the haveRecent sales figures from the nation's largest retailers underscore the growing gap between the haves and the have–nots.

Wal–Mart missed its November sales numbers, posting a meager seven–tenths–of–a–percent gain over November, 2003. The company had expected 3 to 4 percent sales growth. City saw a 3 percent decline in sales last month, and K-Mart's sales are likely to drop 10 percent.

"You have wealthy consumers spending in unprecedented proportions and the cash and credit starved consumers are suffering," says retail analyst Burt Fleckinger of the Strategic Resource Group.

Ho Ho Ho, here's a lump of coal for you and a diamond for them! Welcome to George W. Bush's America! Ho Ho Ho!

But look on the bright side: Wal–Mart missed its sales goals! And we call that a good start...

11 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of texas child health insurance plan
.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger The Coupon Guru said...

I liked your shopping site myspace.com blog. I found this shopping site myspace.com site while browising... Check It Out !

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a money investing related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is money investing

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kingypoo said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger prallot said...

Hello!
Very interesting blog.
I will make sure to come back often to this blog.
If You really are interested in bermuda investing offshore I can strongly
recommend bermuda investing offshore
Here You can find an almost comlete directory of this subject.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Older hunter said...

Hi, I was just surfing around and found your online shoes shopping page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my online shoes shoppingrelated site which everything is in huge discount.You might find something of interest.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger allfreei said...

I saw something similar about home shopping network

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger autoparts said...

I just came across your blog about shopping calculator and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about shopping calculator so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by shopping calculator

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger emmalou2 said...

The site *eBay misspelled auction search site. It pretty much covers misspelled auction info and can really save a bundle using this.

Great deals

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Investment Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a estate foreclosure investing real
site/blog. It pretty much covers estate foreclosure investing real
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on found money Check out my Penis Enlargement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home